I’ve picked up my first Erin Condren LifePlanner and let’s just say…I’m in love! For the last few years, I tried making the switch to digital planning and life organizing and it left me feeling completely unorganized. After very little research, I decided to purchase an Erin Condren because it seemed to have everything I liked in my previous planner life as a student.
Fast forward to 6 weeks later and I’m extremely happy with my decision to buy this planner. Why did I choose to buy an Erin Condren Planner?
- I needed a new hobby and what better way to start a hobby than by choosing something that will not only make my life easier, but also already has a large following online.
- I had tried a lot of generic and special planners in the past but nothing ever has “everything” I wanted in it. The Erin Condren Planners on the other hand, not only had everything I always looked for but seemed to have it in a great customizable format.
- So many add-ons. The never-ending list of YouTube videos, Etsy shops and more dedicated to personalizing and making the best of the Erin Condren Planner made it an easy choice for me as I love to personalization.
- Personalized covers! Need I say more?! I absolutely LOVE this idea of not only personalizing covers but having interchangeable covers. To be honest, at first glance I didn’t see the need for interchangeable covers…but for a Notebook hoarder like me, this is a fantastic idea because I can have tons of covers to give the illusion that I have different notebooks because after all, I only buy different notebooks because of their covers.
- The personalization of Erin Condren Planners doesn’t stop at the cover, the ability to have your own choice of coil binding also increases the feel of uniqueness and personalization.
- Accessories, Accessories, Accessories! There are so many unique add-ons and ways to truly enjoy this planner, whether through Erin Condren accessories or through third-party sellers, you are guaranteed to find unique accessories that work.
Now for the big reveal! Drum roll please!!!………..
After spending a few days pondering the many cover designs available, I purchased a Watercolor Mid Century Circles Gold Metallic cover on a Colourful Horizontal 18M layout LifePlanner. I also opted to pay the extra dollars for a gold coil on my LifePlanner.
Inside the LifePlanner, you’ll find a yearly spread with all the months of the year laid out and a page of boxes that many people use to write out long term goals.
At the start of each month, Erin Condren includes a motivational quote page.
If the extra spaces for notes on each page aren’t enough for your thoughts, Erin Congren includes a Notes section at the back of the LifePlanner which consists of 6 lined pages, 4 grid pages and 4 blank pages.
When I purchased this LifePlanner, I was not truly aware of all the goodies that come inside this planner. Upon receiving my planner, I was surprised and pleased to find that it had a ruler bookmark (not pictured) that clipped into the coil.
It also came with a pouch that held some freebies to be used as stationary pieces or within your planner, such as postcards, compliment cards, etc…
Erin Condren also includes a perpetual planner, which I use to track birthdays and anniversaries of family and friends. This really comes in handy when I sit down to make cards to be mailed for our friends.
In the back of the planner, you will find a full page of birthday stickers (not pictured here because I have used all of mine in my monthly spreads), a full sheet of labeled stickers for events and special days such as doctor’s appointments, vacation, etc…, and two extra pages of blank sticker labels to be used for whatever you please.
In the back of the planner, there is also a storage pocket included and I think this is an excellent addition to allow for the storage of loose paper, important mail or smaller items.
I absolutely love a planner that provides the space to plan in a monthly spread and subsequent pages for a weekly spread. This was a big bonus reason why I got the Erin Condren planner. Before purchasing this planner, I had a very hard time finding planners that looked good and provided lots of space for writing. The Erin Condren LifePlanner not only provides lots of space but there are also extra sections on each page for including notes or plans that don’t fit into a perfect schedule or specific day.
My favourite things about this planner:
- It is absolutely ideal and created for organizing life.
- It looks good and has a lot of visually appealing components (i.e. colour coded months, tabs, quotes).
- There are so many add-ons both by Erin Condren and through third-party sellers.
After all is said I’d done, I love my planner! I love my decision to purchase this planner. If I had to do it all again, I wouldn’t change a thing…except I would love to try out the vertical layout.
Here’s a sneak peek of how I use my Horizontal LifePlanner. If you would like to see a post about my weekly layout, let me know.
Do you own an Erin Condren LifePlanner? What do you love about yours? If you don’t own one and would like to try it out, here’s a link to get $10 off the price which definitely helps, considering how pricey this planner is.